A Place in Time
PARADORES del CASTILLO
Originally built in the early 1900’s, this home was restored in late 2014, still adhering to the footprint and Spanish-American-Colonial style of the Filipino bahay-na-bato. It was completed on March 9, 2015 and called Paradores del Castillo, following the Spanish practice of transforming old castles, monasteries and historic buildings into government-run bed & breakfast facilities.
The root word “parar” or “para” means to stop and stay. The Spanish-Filipino surname “del Castillo” also means “castle.” Thus, the hotel’s name literally means, “stop at castle.”
This hotel is located a few meters from the historic Villavicencio Ancestral House (Casa V), the home of the Villavicencio revolutionary couple, Eulalio Villavicencio and Gliceria Marella. It is also close to the San Lorenzo Ruiz Pilgrim’s Steps leading to the Virgin of Caysasay Church; the Taal Public Market; the Basilica de San Martin (St. Martin de Tours Basilica); and the museums on Agoncillo Street.
Guests can enjoy the garden with a panoramic view of the adjacent towns of Lemery, Calaca, Balayan Bay, Batulao mountains; the Pansipit River; and the Virgin of Caysasay Church.
Paradores Del Castillo earned the 2019 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award, being cited as among the top 25 Hotels for Families in the Philippines. Furthermore, the hotel has been recognized with a 2019 Certificate of Excellence based on great reviews on TripAdvisor.
The annual Travelers’ Choice Award and Certificate of Excellence are given to exceptional businesses that have received consistent positive feedback from millions of people.